After creating your questionnaire, you will need to check and review the outline of the survey, the questions being asked, and the response options for the respondents. To test the efficiency of the questionnaire, here is a questionnaire checklist that will serve as your guide.
The following questionnaire checklist includes three sections:
- the outline and format
- the questions and
- pre-test or pilot testing.
You may print this and place a checkmark if you think you have successfully accomplished each item on the checklist.
1. The Outline and Format
A. Introduction to the Questionnaire
- Title of the Study
- Duration of survey and length of questionnaire
- Guarantee of confidentiality
- Brief information about the company or organization
- Incentive Information (if any)
B. Demographic Data
- Respondent’s Name (This could be optional.)
- Age, Gender, etc.
C. Question Format
- The first question is a closed-ended question (answerable by Yes or No).
- Questions are arranged from general to specific.
- Sensitive questions are at the end of the questionnarie.
- Questions are grouped together according to the topic.
- The directions on how to answer are placed before the questions.
- The rating scale is written before the questions.
- The response options are placed vertically, except for tabulated questions.
D. End of Questionnaire
- A “Thank You” or any expression of gratitude to the respondent
- Information on knowing the survey results
2. The Questions
- The questions are concise and simple.
- All the questions do not contain any terminologies, acronyms or jargons that are unfamiliar to the respondents.
- The first 5 questions verify whether the respondent is eligible to continue the survey or not.
- All questions point to the survey goals.
- All possible response options or an “Other” option are included in each question.
- The respondent may or may not answer sensitive questions by placing a “Prefer not to answer” option.
- A midpoint response option such as “Average”, “Sometimes" or "Neutral" is included on the rating scale used.
- Most questions are closed-ended.
- Open-ended questions are voluntary.
- The survey questionnaire has been sent to friends, colleagues or experts to validate the wording and timing.
- The survey questionnaire has been answered by few survey respondents from the target population.
- Five (5) close-ended questions are answerable within one minute, while two (2) open-ended questions are answerable within one minute.
- The survey takes a maximum of 10 minutes to complete.
- Appropriate revisions of the questionnaire are done.
See also: Pilot Survey.
We would love feedback on this article.
Please let us know about any error.
We highly appreciate suggestions.
Create your own online survey on Explorable in minutes!
No technical skills required. No installation. No credit card. No gimmicks.
The Survey Builder is designed by Explorable, no third party involved.
- Simple and fast setup
- Beautiful design
- Works on any device
It is really simple - create your questions and publish. Send the link to your responders. It's that easy.
Sign up for our newsletter now!